Sunday, June 13, 2004

Cineplexing vs. just being

You looked so good sitting next to me
Driving to nowhere
Smiling for nothing.
What movie should we see-whatever is playing I don't care.
It's just a ticket of an excuse to hold your hand.
Lights are dimming, and now it's just me and you.
Tonight there is nothing I would rather do.
Movie light is so flattering, the way it bounces off our skin.
I can smell salt and mustard floating in the air.
I can hear the rattling of ice over the flick's melodious orchestra.
I can feel my heart beating with contentment
It's been a while in more ways than one.

Will you hold my hand one last time?
Will you kiss me during the love scene again?
This is all I ever wanted, it's all I ever needed.

So let's ditch this cliche of a first date
Customized things in a way we can relate
It's all about just hanging out not what we're doing or where we'll be going.
Not where we eat or what movie was showing,
We're better than that, simplicity in its best form.
The night has just started as far as I'm concerned,
the best part of the night, just getting closer to you.
There is nothing that I would rather do.
I can feel your arms holding me tight.
I can hear the soft sounds of the house all through the night.
I can see what this night means to me.

Will you hold my hand one last time?
Will you kiss me during the love scene again?
This is all I ever wanted, it's all I ever needed.

You're all I ever wanted, you're all I ever needed.

No comments: