Sunday, August 15, 2004

Moon beams-and lucky charms

Reel me in hook line and sinker
Like an electric worm on a baited hook
Reborn late into the early night
transformed from golden shy rays of soft cascading light
into a free form of resonance
white, whole, whimsical and picturesque like
transitioned somewhere between heaven and earth
there is a place I finally feel at home-
although the walls are invisible and the roof is a thick blanket of stars
safety is dwelling amongst the hidden clouds
follow me, let me guide you-watch for the signs
Red-bright, shimmering STOP
Green-still stand still WAIT
I will whisper to you when the time is right, listen with your eyes
feel with your lips, taste life with your soul
Wake up and feel the cold water splash through your eyelashes
the world will cater to you if you let it
slowly as the clouds disperse becoming thin
translucent through the knife of lunatic melodies the moon sings
lullaby you to sleep, sends a message of peacefulness
not found in regular surroundings
this time it's not the crickets or the clocks rhythmic ticking that dances with the beating of my heart, but the very distant over sized night light
that has hugged me to my slumber-
the safety of mother nature kisses my forehead as father time closes my eyes

No comments: