Wednesday, August 11, 2004

De-oxygen-ized

Open that window and let the fresh air in-
I cannot take this smothered air-
hot, sticky and even THICK
It's to the point where a rock will need to shatter the glass-
the glass that is barricading me in-SIDE
I'll use my fist if I have to, whatever I need to do to get OUT!

I'm trapped though...yes I said trapped
easily defined-where's the key because the door is locked.
the window is sealed, go ahead bury me
ALIVE-

I have listened and watched
sat and even taken notes
noticed the small facial expressions that pass by each day
the frazzled faces that stress and cannot cope
even tried to deny the truth that I am one of them

My own worries are not as significant as those
those who are mothers, those who are fathers, their worries seem relevant
where as I am just a girl-
overacting, overstating, under minded, and unappreciated

Let me open that window-
let me fly away-
I'll kick it open if I have to
Let the shards of glass slice through the thin membrane of my skin
bleeding for air, for love, for acceptance, for HELP.

No comments: