Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Self Indulgences

Rescue me from an unknown place
Save me from this dark desolate space
Awaken all that is alive in me
Stretch out my arms- surrender completely

Covered in sand and dead from the outside within
there is nothing I would or could need more in life
as a failure in time- I am the living dead
my hollowed soul will not follow
those who do will be rewarded
morbid eyes of beauty
seek the light at the end of the tunnel

my hands are tied- tight with conformity
transformed over night from his flock
to another heard of sheep
grouped together and no different from anyone else

Rescue me from this chamber of hell
I'm dying to be alive and no one can tell
Help me realize how wrong I really am
Help me understand what really is his plan

Even though I was told so many times
my brain doesn't seem to register
the importance, the possibilities
pushed aside for my own self indulgences

nothing can save me from this self inflicted pain
the disorder of living in denial
a torture only I know
something I fear I will always know

Rescue me , push me out the window
push me my heart will follow
I'll fall fast through the grim night sky
falling fast as gravity allows me to finally die.

No comments: