Tuesday, September 28, 2004

I never wanted something so bad
Between the reflections of a mirror
and the stars luminous glow
I watched out my window
the red traffic lights
move slow-
dodge the rain clouds hovering above

I just washed my car
the glass was finally crisp
the sun dried the droplets into
ridiculous salty rings
they covered my roof, the hood,
even my pink tail lights

inside I'm safe
the crashing lightning bolts
Electric, wild, carefree, unwanted
fearless, radiant, beautiful

I never wanted something this bad
walking down the street, song in my head
whispering lyrics
remind me of you-
Wish I could close my eyes
and make this dream envisioned by
my own imagination an actual reality
a possibility
something worth my time
something that you could want too

I never wanted you so bad.

No comments: