Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Flipper

I'm tired with the daily rituals of life-
here we go again, the traffic in my eyes view-
the smog like atmosphere--breath it in and out
the alarm clock of my life rings with curiosity-
tick, tick, tock tock- RING---get up and GO!!

Spinning like a vintage top- colors of yellow and blue-
twirling together creating a vivid new green-
I've been witnessing new feelings right in front of me-
they bounce, and giggle, twirl and fling
I find myself asking the question
is this really happening?

In the midst of the weeks mundane details-
I carry my duties lighter than before-
my stressed out muscles are falling into a new form of
TRANQUILITY
My eyes now close at the right times and my slumber like motions
carry throughout the night-

I was hanging by a tethered rope-
strangled in every possible way-
torn, lied to, hated, mis-treated like a starving bum-
now cut by the hands of time
I've been released into the water like an orphaned dolphin
this water tastes so good-
salty and clouded with kelp-
I'll float here for a while and enjoy the ride

Cast off into the sunset and have my silhouette painted
across a sand dollar and sold in a store
spread the joy found within a swim-
the splashing and refreshed feelings of a new beginning.

No comments: