Tuesday, August 08, 2006

yesterday's lost and so am I

I remember yesterday, it was so beautiful. So simple and complete. I used to smile for any and every unknown reason.
Now it's all just faded away, slowly slipping away. Because tomorrow doesn't look so bright. The sun is shinning but my room's walls are still dark. The thought of getting up makes no sense, and the thought of losing you is in the same category.
I used to think that everything was perfect. I was happy and you were always laughing with me. I used to think that it would always be about us, always and forever just you and me.
Now here I am looking at my own reflection, wondering where did I go wrong? My tears are blackening my face with the help of my mascara as the dark culprit.
Thinking of the lost memories, the days, the nights we shared. Was it worth anything to you? Your heart, your mind, did anything register? I'm confused, mimicking your character's stance. I'm fearful of tomorrow, the next day, the day after that....I'm afraid to let anyone else in...for the fear of another DISCONNECTION is something my worn broken tattered heart cannot go on like this anymore.

2/04/06

No comments: