Friday, December 17, 2010

discontent disposition

this sunny disposition has faded away
i'm staring at the sky and sigh heavily
what should i do now? now that i'm all alone
thought i was going on strong,
but i'm weaker than i thought
i hold my tears back and shut my eyes
tight as can be, i just want this
to already be in the past

it's cold outside and as the rain falls
there are still so many things
i would like to say to you,
i ran away from the problems we shared
i gave up without a second thought
i was selfish and i didn't think of anything else
just me me me

i fill my days with whatever i can
just to forget the thoughts i once had
the thoughts that were once filled
with you you you

and now it's late in the day,
i'm holding onto whatever i can
just to get through as the clock continues
to push the minutes farther into the future

No comments: